CONCORDIA PARISH LIBRARY BOARD OF CONTROL
WEDNESDAY, May 15, 2019
Ridgecrest Town Hall
- CALL TO ORDER
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- Circulation – The library director reviewed the reports for March and April Circulation. (See Attachment)
- Financial – The library director discussed the current balance sheets for March and April. (See Attachment)
- OLD BUSINESS
- Clayton Fountain – The fountain continues to have issues and the plumber has been called and Womack.
- Rapides Foundation/United Way – The library received $1,000 that was spent on Shreveport Opera Express for the schools.
- Ethics – Everyone was reminded to take the test.
- Audit – The library’s audit is complete. The auditor stated that our audit was one of the cleanest and to continue our procedures.
- Concert – The concert at the bank brought about 200 guests and was enjoyed by all.
- Walmart – The library applied but we have not been notified.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Architect – May 21 & 22 – The architect from Dallas will be at the Ferriday Library to go over the plans to renovate.
- Legislative Day – May 23 – The director stated that she would attend.
- Book Signing – The book signing for Marguerite Martin Gray will be in the Ferriday Library on May 31st at 10:00 AM.
- Board Member – Jackie Young moved to nominate LaJean Corbett to fill Ms. Calhoun’s seat. Mr. Sheppard seconded the motion. Motion carried. Mr. Wilkinson stated that the jury usually accepts the nominations.
- Maker Trail Project – Central Economic Development has created a website to promote citizens in Northeast LA with craft skills. Two citizens from Concordia are represented.
- Kabuki Dancers – The dancers from Lafayette presented a “Stop Bullying“ program for Ferriday Lower and Math and Science school.
- Ferriday High School – The Library prepared a power point for Ferriday High to help high school students to make good grades and use the library’s databases.
- “Concordian” – The director was chosen by the Chamber of Commerce and this was good publicity for the public library.
- Rick Rigsby – Dr. Rigsby is a motivational speaker that the library director has selected to visit the schools in Feb 2020.
- AmeriCorps Vista – This group met at the library with a focus to eliminate Poverty. The library does not know its role but told them that we would work with them.
- Concerts for 2020 – The Arts Division is helping book concerts for 2020. The list is William Florian with the John Denver Show, Best of Broadway, Country Western band, and the Victory Belles.
- Uniforms – New uniform shirts were purchased and monogrammed. The schedule for the new shirts began this week.
- Staff Member – Patsy Renfrow has returned to work and all are so pleased.
- Summer Reading Program (See Attachment)
- Sylvia Davis – Thursday, June 6th, Ferriday Library @ 10:15 AM; Vidalia Library @ 2:00 PM
- Elizabeth Vidos – Tuesday, June 11th, Vidalia Library @ 10:15 AM; Ferriday Library @ 2:00 PM
- Harvey Rabbit & Friends – Tuesday, June 18th, Vidalia Library @ 10:15 AM; Ferriday Library @ 2:00 PM
- Mitch Richard – Thursday, June 27th, Ferriday Library @ 10:15 AM; Vidalia Library @ 2:00 PM
- Terry Vandeventer – Thursday, July 11th, Ferriday Library @ 10:15 AM; Vidalia Library @ 2:00 PM
- The Kinders – Thursday – Thursday, July 18th, Ferriday Library @ 10:15 AM; Vidalia Library @ 2:00 PM
- “Tribute To Patsy Cline” Concert – Thursday, July 25th @ 7:00 PM; Concordia Bank & Trust, Vidalia
- “Man on the Moon-Neil Armstrong” discussion with Georgiann Potts, Thursday, August 1st @ 6:00 PM; Vidalia Library
- NEXT BOARD MEETING
- July 17, 2019 at 2:00 PM at the Concordia Bank in Monterey. The next meeting will be in Monterey and the room is reserved.
- Ms. Stevens adjourned the meeting.
Ms. Kathleen Stevens called the meeting to order at 2:00 PM with a quorum present. Members present were Renard Chatman, Bobby Sheppard, Jackie Young, Marjorie Vogt, guest James Lee, ex officio Jimmy Wilkinson and President Stevens. Member absent was Jill Britt.
No public comments were made.
Mr. Chatman made the motion to accept the minutes as emailed and Mrs. Vogt seconded the motion. Motion carried.