CONCORDIA PARISH LIBRARY BOARD OF CONTROL
MINUTES – APPROVED on Nov 19, 2019
TUESDAY, September 17, 2019
- CALL TO ORDER
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- Circulation – The July and August circulation sheets were examined. (See Attachment)
- Financial – The July and August finance sheets were examined. (See Attachment) (See Attachment)
- Budget – The 2020 Budget was presented and Jackie Young made a motion for recommendation to present the budget at the October 9th Budget Hearing Meeting. Jill Britt second the motion. Motion carried. (See Attachment)
- OLD BUSINESS
- Architect – Library Director made a trip to Dallas to start selecting materials.
- Ethics – A reminder to everyone to take the Ethics test before the end of year.
- Art Grant – The library is still waiting to see if it will be awarded to Concordia.
- LEH Grant – The library is still waiting to hear from committee that meets at the end of September.
- School System – The Director and Mr. Lee had visited the school principal meeting and visited some school faculties to promote the databases to help teachers and students. Also the library will participate in Career Day at Community center for all high schools.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Policies – LaJean Corbett made the motion to accept the Social Media Policy, Library Photo Policy, the Smoking Policy and the Sexual Harassment Policy as presented. Renard Chatman second the motion. The motion carried. (See Attachments)
- State Board of Certification – Director stated she would travel to Baton Rouge to assist with the test for board certification for Library directors in the state.
- Northeast Trustee Meeting (See Attachment) – Ms. Corbett, Ms. Young and Mr. Lee will be attending with the Director.
- Programs (See Attachments)– The Board was asked to attend one if possible.
- “Eisenhower” discussion with Georgiann Potts, Thursdays, September 19th & 26th @ 6:00 PM; Vidalia Library
- “Databases” with Stephen Collins, Saturday, September 21st @ 9:30 AM; Ferriday Library
- Kabuki Dancers in two public schools, Wednesday, September 25th.
- “Databases with Stephen Collins for teachers, Saturday, September 28th @ 9:30 AM; Ferriday Library
- “Act Test Prep-Part 1”, Saturday, October 12th @ 9:30 AM; Ferriday Library
- “Act Test Prep-Part 2”, Saturday, October 19th @ 9:30 AM; Ferriday Library
- Concert – Tribute to John Denver with William Florian, Thursday, October 24th @ 7 PM; Concordia Bank, Vidalia
- “iPad” with Stephen Collins, Saturday, October 26th @ 9:30 AM; Ferriday Library
- Archaeology with Joseph Franks & Dr. Pete Gregory, Tuesday, November 5th, @ 6:30 PM; Vidalia Library
- In closing the Reception for Law Enforcement will be Friday, November 1, 2020 from 10 am to noon.
- NEXT BOARD MEETING
- Wednesday, October 9th at 2:00 PM at the Ferriday Library – Budget Hearing
- Wednesday, November 20th at 2:00 PM at the Ferriday Library – Regular meeting
- Meeting adjourned.
Kathleen Stevens called the meeting to order at the Clayton Library on Tuesday, September 17, 2019 at 2:00 pm. Members present were Kathleen Stevens, LaJean Corbett, Jackie Young, Jill Britt, Renard Chatman, Jimmy Wilkinson and guest James Lee. Members absent were Marjorie Vogt and Bobby Sheppard. A quorum was present.
There were no public comments.
A correction was made in the spelling of Jimmy Wilkinson’s name in the minutes. Renard Chatman moved to accept the minutes as mailed and LaJean Corbett second the motion. Motion carried.