CONCORDIA PARISH LIBRARY BOARD OF CONTROL
MINUTES – APPROVED
WEDNESDAY, November 14, 2018
- CALL TO ORDER
- Circulation sheets for September and October were presented. (See Attachment)
- Current Balance Sheets for September and October were presented. (See Attachment)
- Revenue Sharing – the library director give an explanation for the two payments.
- 2018 Budget Revision – Mr. Renard Chatman moved to accept the 2018 Budget Revision as presented. Mrs. Jill Britt second the motion. Motion carried. (See Attachment)
- OLD BUSINESS
- Clayton – Gutter & Urinal – director discussed several problems still with the Clayton Library and mentioned the difficulty in setting the digital timers for all outside lights.
- Insurance – director stated that she is seeking another quote for insurance.
- Program Attendance – a sheet was presented that disclosed recent program attendance. (See Attachment)
- Northeast Louisiana Trustee Meeting – director reported that she attended the Northeast Louisiana Trustee Meeting at the Richland Parish Library.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Engineer Report – the librarian presented the engineer’s report on the utility for Vidalia with recommendations. (See Attachment)
- Personnel – librarian stated that a new employee, Logan Gervais was hired.
- Vidalia Partner – librarian stated that she hopes that the Vidalia Conference and Convention Center will partner with the library for the Mandy Harvey concert.
- Clayton Water – librarian stated that the legislative auditor said that if the Clayton water was approved in the Town of Clayton Meeting minutes than it was possible that it would stand as stated.
- Board Renewal – Mr. Renard Chatman moved to ask for the renewal of board member Jackie Young for another 5 year term. Mr. Bobby Sheppard seconded the motion. Motion carried.
- Holiday Closings – a list of Thanksgiving hours was presented. (See Attachment)
- Meeting dates – a bookmark of 2019 Board Meeting dates was presented. (See Attachment)
- PUBLIC COMMENT: There were no public, verbal or non-verbal comments made.
- NEXT BOARD MEETING
- January 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM at the Ferriday Library
President Kathleen Stevens called the meeting to order at 2:00 PM at the Ferriday Library. Members present were Kathleen Stevens, Jackie Young, Jill Britt, Bobby Sheppard, Marjorie Vogt, Renard Chatman. Members absent were Bobbie Calhoun and ex-officio Jimmy Wilkinson. A quorum was present. James Lee was a visiting guest.
Mrs. Jackie Young moved to accept the September 19th and the October 17th minutes as mailed. Mr. Bobby Sheppard seconded the motion. The motion carried.