CONCORDIA PARISH LIBRARY BOARD OF CONTROL
WEDNESDAY, January 23, 2019
- CALL TO ORDER
- Circulation figures were presented for November and December. (See attachments)
- Financial – Current Balance Sheets were presented for November and December. (See attachments)
- Investment – Due to Tensas State Bank closing in Ferriday, the 5 percent will be moved to Delta Bank, therefore changing the policy. Mr. Renard Chatman made the motion to accept the change to the policy and Mr. Bobby Sheppard seconded the motion. The motion carried. (See attachments)
- OLD BUSINESS
- Clayton – the director discussed repairs to the back door and the timer. The closet door in the program room still needs to attention.
- Workman’s Comp – The library has changed companies for workman’s comp from Parish Government Risk Management Agency to Louisiana Workman’s Compensation Company.
- Young’s Renewal – Mrs. Jackie Young’s renewal was approved by the Concordia Parish Police Jury and she has taken the oath of office.
- AARP – director reported that about 80 people called in to participate to get an insurance discount.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Policies – the director mentioned revision to the Guidelines for Audit that states that the director initials the bank reconciliation and that all staff members are bonded. Mrs. Jill Britt made the motion to accept the changes and Mrs. Marjorie Vogt seconded the motion. The motion carried. (See attachment)
- Entergy Grant – the director stated that the library received an Entergy Grant of $1,000. The board gathered at the library with Mrs. Cindy Gordon for a picture that will be in the Concordia Sentinel.
- Programs –upcoming programs were presented.
- ACT Test Prep – January 26th & February 2nd @ 9:30 AM – Ferriday Library. (See attachments)
- Mandy Harvey – February 7th @ 7:00 PM – Vidalia Convention Center. (See attachments)
- LSU AgCenter “Healthy New You” – February 12th @ 5:30 PM – Vidalia Library. (See attachments)
- Social Media – February 21st @ 5:30 PM – Vidalia Library. (See attachments)
- Google Docs – February 23rd @ 9:30 AM – Ferriday Library. (See attachments)
- Royal Love Story: Movie Star to Royalty – February 28th @ 6:00 PM – Vidalia Library. (See attachments)
- Convention Center – the City of Vidalia is allowing us to use the Convention Center for a February Concert with no fees except for security and bus driver.
- Webpage – the director stated that the webmaster is getting our webpage corrected.
- Annual Report – the director stated that the annual newsletter has been sent to the printer and will be mailed soon. (See attachment)
- Board Attendance – the Board Attendance for 2018 was presented. (See attachment)
- Agreement CPA – the library has signed the agreement for the audit with Silas Simmons.
- Ethics – the director reminded the board members that they must take the Ethics test again before the end of the year.
- PUBLIC COMMENT: There were no verbal or written comments.
- NEXT BOARD MEETING
- March 20, 2019 at 2:00 PM at the Vidalia Library
- The meeting was adjourned.
Board President Kathleen Stevens called the meeting to order with the following members present: Kathleen Stevens, Marjorie Vogt, Jill Britt, Renard Chatman, Bobby Sheppard and guest James Lee. Members absent were Bobbie Calhoun, Jackie Young and ex-officio Jimmy Wilkinson. A quorum was present.
Mr. Renard Chatman made the motion to accept the minutes of the last board meeting as mailed. Mr. Bobby Sheppard seconded the motion. The motion carried.