CONCORDIA PARISH LIBRARY BOARD OF CONTROL
MINUTES – APPROVED
WEDNESDAY, September 19, 2018
- CALL TO ORDER
- Circulation Reports for July and August were examined. (See attachments)
- Current Balance Sheets for July and August were examined. (See attachments)
- 2019 Budget was discussed by line item and gave explanation for Ferriday remodel.
- OLD BUSINESS
- Landscaping has not been possible due to heat and inability to put sprinkler in some areas. Hazel Goodwin is working with the library on the project.
- Furniture has been delivered except a color error in children’s chairs and new ones are to be delivered in October.
- Water filtering for the entire building was installed on Wednesday. The price is about $1500. The Clayton water lacks quality and this will improve conditions for the building and the fountain.
- Fire Alarm was finished and it will call out through the security system.
- Webpage has had issues of not updating and stating the proper verbiage but NetTech is working on it.
- NEW BUSINESS
- Insurance increased $8,500 and other prices may be reviewed.
- Jill Britt made a motion to accept the revised two policies: Dress Code and Program Room as presented. Jackie Young seconded the motion. The motion carried. (See Attachments)
- Program posters were presented. (See attachments.)
- George S. Patton – Thursdays, September 20th & 27th
- ACT Prep – Saturday, September 22nd
- Customer Service – Thursday, October 4th
- Archaeology – Wednesday, October 10th
- Masters of Soul Concert – Thursday, October 25th
- Lawyers in Libraries – Friday, October 27th
- Band Called Hanalei – Thursday, November 8th
- Trail Blazer – Friday, September 28th – Kathleen Stevens will be joining the director for the annual meeting of the Northeast Library Trustee Association at the Richland Parish Library in Rayville, LA. The Board agreed that Ms. Stevens would be the Concordia voting member this year for Trail Blazer meeting.
- New PR is being distributed through a business Facebook account and a free distribution email product entitled mail champ and constant contact. This is an other way to reach the public with library’s programming.
- Head Start will film a video at the Ferriday Library with Walt Grayson on the importance of Head Start and the library’s relationship with local Head Start School.
- Internet Speed Upgrade Cost is to be evaluated. The Internet sometimes slows down with heavy usage.
- Clayton Copier to Clayton Town Hall, the board agreed to give the old copier to the Clayton Town Hall. They have stated the town would like to have it. The library is purchasing a new one with more technology for scanning, faxing and coping.
- DOTD Permission is being sought to fill the front ditch with rocks to improve the appearance of the front of the library.
- PUBLIC COMMENT: None
- NEXT BOARD MEETING
- Budget Hearing – October 17th at 2:00 PM at the Ferriday Library
- President Kathleen Stevens adjourned the meeting at 3:30 pm.
The meeting was called to order by President Kathleen Stevens at 2:10 PM with the following members present: Kathleen Stevens, Renard Chatman, Jackie Young, Jill Britt, Marjorie Vogt and guest James Lee. Members absent were Bobby Sheppard, Bobbie Calhoun and ex-officio Jimmy Wilkinson
Marjorie Vogt moved to accept the minutes as mailed. Renard Chatman seconded the motion. Motion carried.